By following these instructions you will provide your students with a feed from the school’s KAMAR SMS to the MyMahi student mobile & web app. The feed provides them with these:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Instructions to set up (or update) the KAMAR sync
- Part 1. For initial set-up only, go to your MyMahi Admin Dashboard
- Part 2. Activate the KAMAR Integration (in your MyMahi Admin Dashboard)
- Part 3. Generate a KAMAR token (in your MyMahi Admin Dashboard)
- Part 4. Create KAMAR directory service for MyMahi
- 3. Checking the sync.
- 4. For Students: My School Promotional Material and recommended instructions
- 5. Questions and Answers about the Kamar Sync to MyMahi & the Digital Student ID
1. Instructions to set up (or update) the KAMAR sync
(via the MyMahi Admin dashboard & KAMAR SMS Admin)
Part 1. For initial set-up only, go to your MyMahi Admin Dashboard
UPDATING A CURRENT SYNC:
If you are updating an already existing Kamar sync to MyMahi then go directly to Part 4 below
You will need access to the MyMahi Admin Dashboard. Login to MyMahi and click on Admin in the menu (see below). If the Admin menu link does not appear then please contact your MyMahi Admin or get hold of MyMahi directly requesting activation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Part 2. Activate the KAMAR Integration (in your MyMahi Admin Dashboard)
Part 3. Generate a KAMAR token (in your MyMahi Admin Dashboard)
Part 4. Create KAMAR directory service for MyMahi
Note: You will need KAMAR Administrator access to complete the remaining steps
UPDATING A CURRENT SYNC:
If you are updating an already existing Kamar sync to MyMahi then open the current sync in Kamar Directory Services following steps 1-3 below and then skip steps 4-8 and continue from step 9
|IMPORTANT - Make sure there are NO SPACES either BEFORE or AFTER the URL (step 7 above) after you have pasted it into KAMAR|
Any spaces will throw up an error after step 12
Hiding & Displaying Student Timetable for the beginning of the year changes
Congratulations. You have now connected your school's KAMAR feed for students to access via MyMahi.
UPDATING A CURRENT SYNC:
You MUST "Run Now" and "Update" (steps 30 & 31 above) when updating any changes
3. Checking the sync.
Please allow up to 24 hours for the initial sync of all of your student data including photos
To check that the sync is successful you should:
- Check on MyMahi Admin to confirm that all the data has synced (see screenshot below)
- Ask a student to log in to MyMahi with their school email address and
- check that their My School menu link and data are showing
- check that their School ID is showing on their Profile menu link.
4. For Students: My School Promotional Material and recommended instructions
Instructions for students (Email or Daily Notices):
All students are invited to log in to the free MyMahi app at mymahi.com on their laptops or mobile. Important: Log in to MyMahi with your school email address and you will have access to your digital school ID, timetable, assessment results, school daily notices, your digital homework diary and important school information.
The MyMahi mobile app is NOT in the App Store. Just go to mymahi.com and log in on your native browser and click install in the menu.
5. Questions and Answers about the Kamar Sync to MyMahi & the Digital Student ID
- How secure is the sync to MyMahi?
- How do our students access the My School features?
They simply log in to MyMahi with their school email (Google or Microsoft) which then matches that stored in your Kamar SMS.
- Does this create extra work for our teachers?
No, absolutely not. This service is for your learners.
- Once we set this up, how do we communicate this to our students?
We have taken care of that for you. Just choose from our range of posters and presentation resources here
- What about students that don't have access to a mobile phone for their digital Student ID?
You could order cards for those students only. We recommend Plasticard where you can easily upload selected students' photos and information onto their site. Their pricing is very reasonable and they can get printed cards back to you in less than 3 days.
- What if we have already issued ID cards to our students?
No problem. Why not offer them the school-branded digital ID as well? If they lose their card then they can use ours which is on their mobile device.
- Is the school-branded and issued MyMahi digital ID widely accepted?
In 2022 over 80,000 NZ schools students from approx 100 schools had access to their digital student ID on MyMahi. We expect this number to more than double during 2023. We have had no reports of any organisation not accepting it as a valid ID.
- What if we haven't taken student photos yet?
No worries. You can activate the digital ID right now for those that already have photos. Any new or updated photos added to Kamar will automatically sync through and appear for new students and also replace the old photos for current students.
- What about new students arriving at the school during the year?
Just take their photo, upload it to Kamar, and their digital ID will automatically appear for them on MyMahi
- What happens if a student leaves during the year?
Once you designate a student as a leaver in Kamar, their ID will remain for one month only. After 31st October all IDs will remain until 1st March of the following year
- Can students tamper with their ID photo or details?
No, the ID is tamper-proof. It only appears when they log in with their school email account. Of course, they should not share their email login with others. Also, the MyMahi logo displays as a changing hologram on the ID which cannot be faked.
- Why do we need to sync staff information & Photos?
Staff information will allow us to improve the experience for schools in the following ways:
- A Staff Digital ID will be available from about March of 2023
- Staff class information along with student timetables will allow us to add an auto-create kamar classes/groups in MyMahi in early 2023